Great for when you have lots of leftover protein in the fridge and want dinner fast!
Also I fully admit that this is not authentic in any way, but the ingredients I had on hand reflected a Thai curry the most. I apologize to any Thai or real chefs who are offended.
Thai Yellow Turkey Curry
2 cups cooked turkey or any leftover protein
1/2 an onion diced
4 inches of fresh ginger peeled & sliced
5 garlic cloves minced
6-8 tomatoes diced***
8 carrots peeled & chopped
1 tsp tomato paste ***
2 heaping tablespoons of curry powder (vague estimate, add as much or as little as you like for flavor)
1 teaspoon of cumin ***
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup turkey broth (or broth of your choice)
1 bunch Thai basil ( I only had regular so I used that)
Juice of 2 limes
*** These items probably don’t belong in a Thai curry, but they were in my fridge about to go bad. Feel free to omit
1) In a bottom of a large pot melt 2 Tbsp of coconut oil or oil of your choice
2) When very hot add ginger. Let toast for 30 seconds
3) Add onions. Saute until just soft
4) Add carrots. Stir a few times
5) Add tomatoes and garlic. Let cook until tomatoes are soft
6) Mix in your spices. You may always add more later so err on the side of caution
7) Let cook until mixture becomes close to a paste. Then add coconut milk and broth.
8) Once it simmers for a few minutes add in lime juice.
9) Add cooked turkey.
10) Simmer until turkey is warm and top with fresh basil.