I first made this concoction a few weeks back for a dinner party. It was pretty tasty so it seemed like a good repeat for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
4-5 medium to large red beets
3-4 medium to large golden beets
1/3 cup of chopped scallions
3 oz of goat cheese (or more if you’d like)
2/3 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp grated orange zest
1 tsp honey
*note that vinaigrette ingredients are not exact measurements and I always suggest adjusting the additions based on your taste buds. I like things acidic so I tend to add more vinegar. I also don’t really know if the above were my exact measurements.
1) Preheat oven to 425F
2) Wash your beets and wrap them in individual foil packets with a sprinkle of salt and splash of olive oil
3) Assemble on a cookie sheet and roast for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours
4) Let cool and peel the skins off
5) Dice the cooked beets into 1/2 inch cubes
6) Add scallions
7) Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients and adjust flavors to taste.
8) Pour the vinaigrette over the beets and scallions
9) Crumble goat cheese into the beet salad
10) Add salt and pepper to taste