This is a nice alternative to a frittata or huge scramble when you have lots of eggs and want to use it as a main dish for your meal spread. Feel free to substitute or add in anything you want. Also I still don’t have a completely paleoized kitchen and until I get a bigger paycheck some things will just stay the same.
Chinese Steamed Egg
2 cups flavored liquid (stock, mushroom liquid, etc)
2 tsp soy sauce
*coconut aminos to make paleo
1 cup rehydrated shitake mushrooms (make sure to save the liquid after you rehydrate this stuff is pure flavor)
3 scallions diced
1) Rehydrate mushrooms by covering in water
2) Beat eggs together and add your stock or flavored liquid.
3) Beat in soy sauce
4) Add scallions and mushrooms
5) Pour egg mixture into a heat safe dish which can be steamed on the stove.
6) Steam for 30-40 minutes or until set.
Enjoy over cauliflower rice or just by itself.