Hot Damn do we have a lot of citrus right now! Thanks to Mynchia. If you’re jonesing for some oranges contact me ASAP.
Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system let me share a little recipe with you . So as usual this little recipe came together because of an abundance of a particular produce in the ever magical Bargain Bin. Can you guess what it is?
Why yes it’s cucumbers! I knew you people were smart : )
Anyhow I always tend to have some carrots in the fridge and over the weekend I had made Nom Nom Paleo’s Green Chicken for my Paleo Picnic Meetup Group and thus had leftover limes, cilantro, and mint. And if you were wondering the chicken was indeed quite tasty as most of her grub is. I highly suggest you check out her blog because it
1) Has amazing food porn photos
2) She’s Asian like me!
3) Everything she makes is yummmooo and very very nom worthy
5) The list could go on, but I’m not going to bore you with that.
So with all my ingredients and handy dandy julienne peeler I made me some slaw because who doesn’t love a refreshing bowl of slaw that keeps just wonderfully for a few days in the fridge.
Asian Cucumber Slaw
3-4 large carrots
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
1/2 cup mint chopped
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp sesame paste*
1 Tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
* The sesame paste I use is not Tahini, but something you find in Asian markets. If you don’t have this just use more tahini or you can always use almond butter to get that nutty flavor
1) Julienne all the cucumbers and carrots
2) Add cilantro and mint on top
3) Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Adjust to taste.
* Don’t worry if it tastes a little salty, the water in the cucumber tends to water it down a lot once its mixed in.
4) Dress the cucumbers, carrots, and herbs
5) Mix and enjoy!
Now how hard was that? Go try it. Works great for potlucks.
And just because….